TABLE OF CONTENTS
This article will cover an overview of the following topics:
- Optimal data types for UiPath Communications Mining
- Key value pillars for Communications Mining, and how they link to use cases
- Typical use cases across analytics and automation
- Examples across industries where Communications Mining can be deployed
- Customer examples of where Communications Mining is deployed
- Which UiPath tools can be combined with Communications Mining, including RPA and Document Understanding
Optimal data types for UiPath Communications Mining
* Please Note: UiPath Communications Mining is only used for analysing and automating emails from corporate email addresses and not individual's personal email address (e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Value pillars for Communications Mining
Communications Mining can drive value for businesses in a huge number of ways. Ultimately the business objectives will determine the value that a use case owner is looking for, and value pillars will align with specific use cases.
The diagram below details some of the key value pillars that Communications Mining can support, and some of the use cases that align to them:
See below for more detail on the use cases identified above.
Use cases: Analytics
As we’ve seen, UiPath Communications Mining opens up significant opportunities for both analytics and automation for our customers.
For analytics, some key groups of use cases include:
Use cases: Automation
For automation, typical use cases are:
Further down in this article, we cover some of the tools that Communications Mining combines with to facilitate downstream automation.
So, where can UiPath Communications Mining be deployed?
The answer: Anywhere
In every industry, each process and action on screen, from customer support to the ordering of parts in manufacturing, to insurance quotes, claims and renewals, starts with some form of communication.
As businesses grow, they need solutions like ours to help them effectively manage these communications, or risk falling behind.
Example customer use cases
Here are just a few specific examples of how our customers are using UiPath Communications Mining…
Whilst Communications Mining can ultimately form part of a solution leveraging many different UiPath tools, or form part of a discovery exercise also using Process and/or Task Mining, it most obviously combines with RPA and Document Understanding:
Communications Mining + RPA
As covered in the previous article, Communications Mining acts as an enabler for intelligent automation by providing structured data to downstream automations to take action.
This handoff is typically to a UiPath bot, and the diagram below details how the two can work together at a high level:
How Communications Mining combines with UiPath RPA for automation is covered in detail in our Integration Guides on our Developers site here.
Please Note: Whilst Communications Mining is optimised for interacting with other UiPath tools, other API-first applications can and do leverage predictions from Communications Mining to facilitate analytics and automation use cases.
Communications Mining + Document Understanding
They may handle different kinds of data...
...but they can ultimately come together to form a powerful combined solution.
Every business in the world processes documents which are exchanged via communications:
- Together, Communications Mining + Document Understanding enable businesses to understand and automate complex service processes E2E - tasks where employees previously needed to read both messages and documents to complete their work
- They create a whole new source of data for UiPath robots. For the first time, businesses will be able to automate some of their most time-consuming and intensive service processes
How do the two work together?
Previous: Communications Mining Overview | Next: Getting started using Communications Mining