User permissions required: ‘View Sources’ AND ‘View Labels’
The Compare page can be used to compare cohorts of verbatims and conduct A/B testing. This functionality has many useful applications, such as testing the impact of a new marketing initiative or change programme over a time series, or between different regions or customer groups.
To compare two different cohorts navigate to the Compare page via the left-hand dataset navigation bar.
You can then filter the two different cohorts, A and B, using the filter bar on the left hand side.
The filter bar works in the same way as the filters in Explore and Reports, except that you can't filter by entities or labels, only metadata (including dates).
You can also copy the filters from one group to another if preferred, before tweaking one group further, to save selecting similar filters twice.
Compare page showing applied date filters
Once you’ve set the filters, you can see a comparison between the two groups, which shows per label:
- Total verbatim count - across all verbatims in both Group A and Group B
- Proportion (%) – the percentage of the verbatims in both Group A and Group B with this label
- Differences (%) – the proportional differences for each label between Group A and Group B, calculated as Group B minus Group A
Sorting the comparison table:
- The comparison table is sorted as default in descending order by verbatim count in Group A
- You can sort the table in ascending or descending order for any of the value columns by clicking the column name and then clicking the arrow that appears
- Click it again to switch between the two
- You can further filter what you are shown in Compare by using the label filter bar at the top left-hand corner of the page. Type in a root or leaf label that you want to see displayed in the label column and all other labels will be filtered out
Label filter bar